Monday, June 12, 2006

Copa Mundial/World Cup

2006

Kinda breaks down between the Europeans and the rest of the world, with the highest concentrated bloc being Latin America, with the US, Australia, Iran, and the Ivory Coast being the little satellites that represent the other continents.

I'm cool with that. My wife, on the other hand, thinks that the Europeans shouldn't even be allowed to play because the sport was birthed in Latin America long before they got there and they, in effect, stole it.

God, I love that woman! She's so . . . fiesty! (Much like a good football match!!)

[NOTE: when I say "football" I mean REAL football. That other sport that Americans call football is really called "American Football" and really has very little to do with feet or a ball.]

But speaking of Americans: I think it's sad that the USA constantly gets to the world cup when none of us gringos even CARE about the sport (after the age of 13, that is!)

and the majority of people living inside the USA who actually care and follow the World Cup are, of course, you guessed it . . .

rooting for Mexico.

[which is why I posted this post on this particular blog. Soccer/fútbol/"real football" is about as ingléspañol as you can get, baby!]

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


VG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home