Saturday, July 14, 2007

Changing strides

note to self: need to change strides on this blog - perhaps create forum for discussion of the culture of this new America in the new millenium - too much going on and not enough solid information about strictly the vocabulary change - the melding of both languages - especially volient reaction toward the incursion of Spanish into the American Culture - interesting becuase Spanish had had leardy been influuencing English and vice versa for hundreds of years - in ways that have veered BOTH our languages on this North American continent away from the mother languaes on that OPTHER continent across the atlantic - in fact i fyou look at it there ight beven be a case that there are actually 4 languages - European English and Spanish and North American English and Spanish - that would be a fascinating read.

As I said, though, I wish I truly could keep strictly with the linguuistic aspects of it, but I don't have the training or the focus, and as I research I get more emotionally involved in the hideous and insidiuous anti-Hispanic fever that's gripping the nation - if nobody minds then I will attempt to begin to blog that here - however I do realize that the debate is SO huge that it may be trying to capture floodwaters into a paper cup - but

oh well. - Seems like I've spent most of my life railing against the forces of iniquity - no time to stop now!

so let's try to bring out some basic theories that I've developed:

[alternate note: actually the basic theories that I started typing are extremely harsh and need more time to be developed properly and coherently in order to be discussed on an open forum such as a blog - this may of course lead to the rescinsion of my "Blogger License" but again

oh well!

more later



VG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home